Ira Vincent Williams ~ 1844-1938
- 1844 ~ 1938
Ira Vincent Williams, first son of Ira Williams and Olive Cook Ufford, was born 12 January 1844 in Owego, Tioga County, New York. He was a Civil War Veteran. He married Emma Adelaide Case November 5, 1865 in Troy, Pennsylvania.
Download a copy of Ira Vincent Williams Pedigree Chart
Together Ira and Emma A. (Case) Williams had nine children:
- Andrew (Andrus) Clark, born 28 March 1867 + Ora Bell Miller
- Marian Louise, born 24 Feb 1869 + Theodore Wheat
- Fannie O. born 16 Feb 1871
- Franklin H. born 20 June 1874
- Charles Vincent, born 1 July 1876 + Adeline Carr - Photo of Charles Vincent Williams & Adeline Carr Williams
- Martha, born 12 April 1879
- Ruth, born 18 Dec 1883 + Earl C. Schrader
- Linna, born 1 January 1887 + Edward Theodore "Ted" McNeal
- Nellie Ada, born 4 Feb 1891 + Halsey Jolley
Ira Vincent Williams was a Civil War Veteran. Ira Vincent Williams enlisted on 8 August 1862, in Troy, Bradford Co., PA, as a private, Company D., 132nd Pennsylvania Regiment. During this service, Ira was disabled as a result of gunshot wound of left arm and left side and injury of right hip from shell. His left arm was greatly weakened "by reason of gunshot wound two inches above articulation of radius with metacarpal bones, ball passing from left to right with a loss of portion of radius, scar adherent and dragging, rendering arm practically useless so far as manual labor is concerned. Same ball after cutting arm striking left side over eighth rib, fracturing rib and passing into body and remaining unextracted [snip]. Soldier also suffers from an un-united fracture of rib, which permits free motion of the ununited parts and easily seen upon inspiration." He was discharged from military service on 24 May 1863 Harrisburg, PA. Ira Vincent Williams enlisted, as a corporal, Company F., 11th Pennsylvania Cavalry.Ira Vincent Williams died 10 May 1938 in Elmira, Chemung County, New York. He is buried at the Park Cemetery, Canton, Bradford County, Pennsylvania.